Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Week in Quotes

You may have noticed that I haven’t updated my blog in a few days. This is for several reasons, not the least of which is that my schedule has been fucked up for the past week, and I have been working stupid hours on several different gigs. The other reason is that I’m working a couple longer, marginally more literary posts to which – once they’re complete – I would welcome your feedback. But in the mean time, here are some of the quotable gems from my week:

“I’m out like a boner in sweatpants.”
--New Kids on the Block Audio Roadie

“Don’t throw shit on top of my lights. What the fuck is wrong with you?”
--Color Purple LX Roadie to Carp Roadie

Mike (with a cart of trash, in front of the freight elevator): “that’s too big. It won’t fit in there.”
Me: “nickel for every time I heard that…”

“See, this is what happens: you read enough Plato and all of a sudden, you’re fucking with Dr. Seuss.”
--My English professor, on reading to his infant son.

“They say this is a musical about love, I say it’s a musical about cable.”
--Color Purple LX Roadie, after we coiled almost a half-mile of FOH cable.

“And they say shit that makes absolutely no sense to reasonable, rational people like, ‘the square root of negative one is an imaginary number.’ Don’t tell me it’s an imagi-fucking-nary number! I know better than that!”
--My English professor, on the hard sciences.

Yeah, sometimes my life is pretty entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment